Friday, May 30, 2008

Memorial Day Part 1

We had a wonderful time over Memorial Day Weekend! We went to visit Nate's brother and sister and their families who live in the bay area. The kids had a great time playing together. I took about 120 pictures in 4 days so I decided to split up our trip into 2 posts. (Don't worry I won't post all 120. I did have to bribe Matthew with candy to get him in so many pictures. It even got to the point that we would get back in the car and he would be saying, "Cheese, I need more candy now!" :o) Here are some pictures from the first 2 days. Enjoy!






On Friday we went to the beach and it was freezing. Missy and I stayed safely far away from the water. But the kids had fun running away from the waves.





Saturday it was cold and raining all morning but we still got out to see the sights. Matthew was so excited to see this cool bridge and didn't quite understand why we just kept looking at it instead of driving over it.





Right up by the over look for the Golden Gate bridge is an old (really old like late 1800's) military bunker. The kids had a great time running around and pretending they were locked up.



I am such a tourist but I couldn't help myself. Here is a picture of us actually driving over the Golden Gate bridge!




We ate lunch at a park. Matthew ate about 2 bites of his sandwich and then decided that it was his duty to keep all of the birds far away from our picnic tables, of course all of the kids joined in. Matthew's other favorite game is "steamroller" (thanks Dad for teaching him that one) So he had to teach his cousin it. Good thing Hadley can hold her own!


The big race!

Then we were off to Muir Woods. "The best tree lover's monument" Nate felt right at home :)
Actually while we were there the kids were running around playing (finding sticks) and this man walked by and shushed us! I couldn't believe it! They really take their outdoors seriously in San Fran!



Brayden and his cousin Tanner are only about 1 month apart. They weren't really too sure about each other but maybe one day they will be friends!



Just beware of the bears!



By the end of the day it was nice and beautiful and not raining!

3 comments:

Tara said...

It sounds like an awesome trip, it makes me excited to move to that area! Do you guys go to SF often? If so we should totally have lunch sometime. It'd be great to see you and meet your little family.

Alexa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alexa said...

I hadn't even realized there was a national monument in that area! I guess I'm not surprised, but my sister lives in SF and never talks about it. She always takes us down to the piers and all her favorite shops -- I'd love to go to Muir Woods, though! It looks like you had a lot of fun there!