Friday, July 11, 2008

10K

Two weeks ago Nate and I ran a 10K in Flagstaff AZ. It is the longest I have ever run in my life (hey I am a swimmer not a runner). And I almost cried at the end, pathetic I know but a major accomplishment for me! My parents came up from Phoenix and watched the boys for us while we were running. It was a fun goal to work towards with Nate. He is a very motivating running partner. I am the lazy one who always wants to stop but he grabs my arm and pulls me (literally). Anyway we did pretty good, our official time was 1:01:42. The best part of the whole race was the slip-n-slide that some kids set up in their front yard at mile 5. By then my legs were done so I just fell and there wasn't a whole lot of sliding but it was worth it. The water was cold and gave me a jolt and helped me pick up the pace. The only downside was running a mile in wet socks. Oh well, still worth it! The other cool thing was we had electronic timers on our ankles so when we got close to the finish line our names popped up on their computer and the announcer guy said our names over the loud speakers. Pretty cool.

We had fun and I am glad that we did it! We are thinking about another one...maybe! We just aren't going to pick a place that is 6000 feet higher in elevation, yeah I was wheezing at the end! I am trying to convince Nate to do a triathlon but he is scared of the swimming, dang it the only thing that I am good at!

PS. I forgot to bring my camera but my mom brought hers but she can't figure out how to download them to her computer :o) So, no pic yet!

4 comments:

Greco Family said...

WOHOO you guys are brave. I am so not a runner! I would have to walk the whole thing! Congrats! That is a big accomplishment.

Ashby Family said...

Wow, I didn't know you guys run. I'm soo impressed that you did a 10k. I'm the girl you runs 400ft (or less) and decides that I've had enough. : )

Alexa said...

Wow, congrats, Lesley! I can't wait to see pics (I love pics)! :) I've never done anything like that -- it's really something to be proud of.

Angela said...

Good Job! That's really an accomplishment!