The boys and I took off and made it in 6 hours thanks to stopping a few times and California traffic. Oh well, I didn't get lost! I am very proud of that! Anyway we had a great time going to the beach, hanging out at the pool, going to Sea World, shopping and just enjoying the nice weather from our balcony(we had a nice ocean view!). It was great. The boys had a great time and even slept through the fire alarm that went off at the hotel at 3 am on Fri nite (that is a Gooch trait...a story for another time)! My favorite Matthew moment was Thur nite we ordered room service because there was no way that I was taking the kids out to a restaurant by myself(Nate had a work dinner). The next morning Matthew decided that he was hungry so he picked up the phone and said, "Hello, I need some lettuce and pizza. thank you, bye." He did this a few times over our stay. It was cute and don't worry we had the phone unplugged(that is always one of the first things we do as those buttons are just too tempting for little fingers! And I did bring the camera but I just never got it out. I think that the boys (including my husband) enjoyed not having to stop to pose for pictures! It was a nice quick escape, now it is back to the real world my laundry pile awaits!
Here are a couple of pictures I found online of our hotel. The second one is pretty much the view we had from our balcony....ahhh I wish we were still there!


5 comments:
Wow! What a fancy, fun-looking hotel! Good for you for throwing in the laundry (if no one's home using them, the toilets can wait, right?) and going! That's so funny about Matthew and the lettuce and pizza thing. :)
How beautiful and how fun!!! Oh I'm jealous! I'm glad you went. What fun memories to have.
so funny, we were in Huntington Beach this weekend...I miss that weather too!
Yea, I am glad you went. It is so pretty there. I am looking forward to Wed!
That hotel looks amazing! My girls have been asking to go visit their Grandma and Grandpa in CA and your blog totally made me home sick. Maybe my next trip should be back down there.
Post a Comment