Friday, October 2, 2009

1st day of his 2nd week of Preschool

So I couldn't for the life of me find our camera to take a picture of Matthew on his 1st day of the 1st week of preschool! Bummer! But here are some pictures from the second week!


I couldn't get him to just stand and smile he had to keep shouting, "Preschool!"


One of his many works of art.

And Matthew just being Matthew! I think that he likes preschool. Everyday when I pick him up and ask him how it went he says, "Sorry Mom I can't tell you!" Sometimes I can get him to tell me bits of pieces but he still wants to go every time so I take that as he likes it!
On the first day we were driving to drop him off and I was asking him if he was excited. He told me that the last time he didn't make any friends (the previous week there was an open house and he got to meet his teacher and classmates). My heart just about broke. I felt so bad for him and I felt really guilty leaving him there. But we talked about how to make friends by asking other kids to play. He thought about it and said, "Mom there was this one boy and he wasn't sharing. I am not going to ask him to be my friend!" He seems to be doing better and says that he plays with the other kids. I didn't think that it would be this hard to drop him off and walk away! I am not look forward to Kindergarten!


Here is our other crazy boy. He refuses to use any utensils but one morning he insisted on using a fork to eat his toast! Silly kid!




And here is what has been keeping Nate and I busy late at night! We canned about 40 jars of peaches! Whew! Now we have some pears, tomatoes, and some jam. I guess I know what we will be doing while watching conference!


1 comment:

Elizabeth Dover said...

Hi Lesley, I was thinking of you all yesterday all day. Don't know why, I kept thinking I should call Lesley but I ended up running around all day. So I woke up before kids to say Hi today. Porter talks of Matthew still and we miss you. I have pretty much stopped blogging I just feel such a lack of time but I wanted to check in and see how you all were doing. How baby and you are doing too? If you wouldn't mind sending me your address so I can send you Christmas letters I would be so happy! Thanks Love Ya! Elizabeth_hutson@hotmail.com