Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmastime at Disneyland

Well, this was our last hurrah before the baby comes. We went to Disneyland (of course!) the 13th & 14th of November(I know the post is a little late). It was so fun! Disneyland sure goes all out for Christmas and it was fun to get into the Christmas spirit! Here are some highlights:



The massive tree on main street. Not that you can tell from this picture as the lady took it up close but trust me it is pretty big!


Here we are waiting for the fireworks to start. We were standing in the street and this nice man asked me if I wanted to sit down on his bench for a little while since I was pregnant. It was so nice! I started talking to his wife and come to find out they live in Ucon, Idaho (just outside Idaho Falls). Small world (no pun intended)! We keep talking and come to find out some of her girls were in my mother-in-law's class at school. Even smaller world! Anyway, it was nice of him to let a poor pregnant woman sit down for a few minutes, I guess there are still considerate people in the world :)



Admiring the lights of small world.




We ate at this little BBQ place at the park and they have live music. This singing cowboy was walking around and singing and Matthew insisted that he needed to talk to him. And show him his picture! He sure isn't shy any more!




We also went to Santa's village and Matthew jumped right up on Santa's lap before this he has always been very afraid of Santa. Matthew told Santa that he needed more trains, tracks and cargo's for Christmas and that Santa needed to bring some for his Brayden brother too. Brayden wouldn't go too close to Santa, only close enough to grab a candy cane.




Matthew also decided that he isn't scared of the characters anymore and gave each one a big hug! It was pretty cute. Brayden was a different story and kept a safe distance!




3 out of the 4 looking, not bad! At least everyone was smiling!




Does this one really need a caption?


Brayden waiting for the Christmas parade to start. We had been walking around the stores just for something to do to kill time. Brayden broke this lollipop and I would have felt to guilty putting it back so I bought it. Talk about a rip off! And of course you can't buy something for one kid and not the other. $6.50 for 2 lollipops really? Oh well at least it kept them quiet while we waited for the parade to start!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I am jealous you go so often! looks like a ball! Good luck with the new baby! can't wait to see pics!

Morgan said...

Love the butt crack pick. Awesome

Cyd said...

Matthew is so cute with all he has to say. Will had that same jacket when he was 3. Small World looks awesome in all those lights.

Julie said...

love the butt crack! LOL

Ashby Family said...

so fun... love Disney Land