Sunday, May 18, 2008

Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam

Since January I have been teaching the Sunbeams. To be honest when they first called me I thought, "What have I done to deserve this?" But most Sundays it is pretty fun and I love the things that come out of little kid's mouths. It can be quite entertaining! So here is a conversation that happened between me and a little boy in my class a few weeks ago:

Me:(the lesson was on families) What are some nice things that your family does for you?

Little boy: My dad goes to work! (he says these things while jumping up and down raising his hand b/c for a 3 yr old this is the most effective way to get your point across)

Me: That is nice. Does he do that to make money for your family?

Little boy: Yeah. And my mom, she just goes downstairs and eats and eats!

Me: Oh really? I am sure your mom will be glad to know that is what you think she does all day.

Then today I was helping a little girl say the closing prayer and I see this same little boy sneak over and start shoving all of this little girl's cereal (our snack for today) in his mouth. So I whisper, "Evan stop" and he looks at me and smiles and starts shoving faster!
(Just a side note also during the prayer we hear a car alarm go off so of course all of the kids rush to the window to see what is going on. Come to find out later that Brayden found the bishop's keys, Nate teaches the priests in the bishop's office, and pushed the panic button...little trouble maker!)

Anyway, each week is an adventure at church!

5 comments:

Alexa said...

Lesley, you're such a hoot! I love your stories -- thanks for sharing! :)

Nunes Family said...

Sounds like you have quite the little guy in your class. I love your pictures below. How fun to go to Zion for the day.

Missy said...

THE SUNBEAMS:) I bet you stay entertained! We are soo excited for you guys to come!

Tara said...

WOW! All I can say is WOW! Just when I think I can't wait to have kids I read a story like your doctors office visit and think..."wow". This story was hilarious though!;) I think your sense of humor has to be one of your best qualities!

Elizabeth Dover said...

What a funny story!!!I love it!That class is an adventure. So funny. I wonder what my kids say about me. The Bishops keys, I am so glad you wrote that one down. I believe there is a way to make a printed Journal or book of your blog I think Katrina Smith has a link on her site. It will be fun for your kids to read about their lives as children and see the pictures to go along with it. I wonder what my Mom would have blogged about me.