Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Zion National Park

Last Thursday we decided that we would go to Zion National Park, since our national parks pass expires the end of this month. So Friday afternoon we packed up the car and drove to St. George and stayed in a hotel. Then Sat morning we drove to the park. It was so beautiful! And we had a great time. The boys did wonderful. We went on a little hike... 2 1/2 miles to some waterfalls and pools. 2 1/2 miles doesn't sound very long until you are carrying a kid uphill (ok so Nate carried both the boys and I just carried the backback with snacks and water. I started calling Nate a pack mule and he didn't think that it was very funny but I enjoyed myself). Matthew got soaking wet and of course I didn't throw in an extra pair of pants for him even though Nate told me that I should. I guess my life would be easier if I would just listen to my husband. :) Also, as we were getting ready to get on the bus to go into the park, we were at the vistor center and I was having Matthew use the bathroom and he decided that he was done and hopped off but he didn't realize that it was so far down. He lost his balance and face planted on the cement floor. Poor kid he scrached up 3 of his fingers and we had to head back to the car for the 1st aid kit. For the rest of the trip he refered to his fingers as the "potty owies" Yeah, as if we needed another reason for him not to like the potty. I am beginning to think that it will just never happen. But once we got past the visitor center parking lot and into the park it was a lot of fun. And since it is only 2 1/2 hours from our house I have a feeling that we will be going back! I was sad to think that we might not get a national parks pass again but things are looking up as there are 5 national parks in Southern Utah! Anyone interested in going? Just let us know and we will meet you there!

3 comments:

i said...

Those pictures looked very familiar!! Absolutely lovely. Let's coordinate trips next time!

Elizabeth Dover said...

I love the slide show. The pictures turned out great!!!

Elizabeth Dover said...

I think it would be fun to go to one of those National Parks that in Southern Utah, if you ever think about going again. Bryce is real pretty too.