Sunday, February 8, 2009

Phantom of the Opera

One day last week as I was trying to get my kids out the door to run to the store, Nate called and well I wasn't exactly polite to him (give me a break my kids were running down the street and knocking on the neighbors doors). So I asked him if he needed anything in particular and he said, "Well, I need to ask you something." So I told him he was going to have to wait. After I had my kids duck taped down, ok just in their carseats, I called him back and apoligized. He then asked me out on a hot date to go and see Phantom of the Opera! We went last Saturday night. Phantom was the first musical I ever saw and I love it. After it was over Nate asked me how I liked it and I told him that it was good but Raoul sang a few wrong words. He kept asking me if I was sure and I kept trying to explain to him that when I was 14 I had the sound track memorized :o) I love the music but I loved the company more. My husband is great, even if I am a little short with him on the phone! :o)

8 comments:

Carrie Jo said...

Lesley, that is so awesome that you got to see Phantom and it is pretty amazing! It's good to hear that Nate can still pull off some pretty good surprises.

Amy said...

Did he come up with this idea on his own? If he did, he's a great husband. You lucky ducky!

Vee said...

Lucky Girl! What a neat date. That is so sweet of him.

Elizabeth Dover said...

Wow, is that where you went Pizza Party night when we watched or was that a different weekend? How fun! I remember being a teen and it was the cool thing among the girls in our ward to have all the songs memorized from Phantom I don't know that I would remember any longer though. The high notes were probably pretty terrible to hear us goofy girls trying to hit. Good times, good times.

Heather said...

I guess my bro has still has some good ideas!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it! You deserve a break from those two rascals!!

Ashby Family said...

That is soo sweet! (and the duck taped comment is still making me laugh!)

Tara said...

I just saw this in SF in December! It was amazing...I don't however think I would have noticed the few missed words, tough crowd!

i said...

i love phantom! what a sweetie.:)