Saturday, April 18, 2009

Matthew had his first T-Ball game today and I have to say it was very entertaining to watch!

Matthew and some of his teammates waiting for their turn to bat.


Matthew batting!



His first hit!


Coming home!


During the 3rd inning Matthew gave up and headed for the playground! Actually most of the kids gave up during the third inning. I think next game after 2 inning the coach is going to call it good!


One of the little boys on Matthew's team also decided that he was done and laid down in the middle of the field and pretended to be asleep.

Other highlights included a dogpile of players fighting over fielding the ball. A couple of boys who after hitting the ball instead of running to the base tried to chase after the ball and catch it. And there was lots of crazy base running. Also at one point Matthew had his mitt on his head eating a granola bar watching the balls go right by him!

It is going to be a fun season! I didn't have a chance to take a picture of Matthew before the game because I didn't wake up until 8:30 and the game started at 9:00 (Nate is outta town and I am not an early riser!). Next week!

Also, Matthew is feeling much better! I took him to the doctor and he had an ear infection. I had no idea I just thought he had a really bad cold. So as we were driving home I asked him if he ear had been hurting and he said yes. And I said why didn't you tell me and he said, "Mom, my ear hurts." Thanks Matthew. Anyway, it is amazing what one day of antibiotics can do for a kid!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Lesley... how I remember you not getting outta bed. Can you believe those days were almost 10 years ago?!?

Vee said...

That is so funny. I would have loved to have watched that game!

Greco Family said...

Ok that is hilarious!! Too funny... Hayley starts teeball this week and I'm sure we're in for some fun stories!

Ashby Family said...

ok this really made me laugh. Justin wants to know what is so funny (its the little boy laying down in the field) cute

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Matthew is feeling better. Hopefully his "sick season" will be over soon! I bet those t-ball games are AWESOME!!! What a fun and entertaining way to spend your weekend!

Nikki

Jody said...

Seriously, I would have been cracking up watching that "game". Pure entertainment!

Julie said...

geez, who's kid is that laying down in the middle of the field? Tell them to get him into gear! :) Great pics!