Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

For Memorial Day weekend we headed down to southern California. Can I tell you how great it is to live only 4 hours away?!


We went to Huntington Beach, where there was lots of burying of feet. Matthew also got pretty good at riding the boogie board (sorry no pics every time I got the camera he decided that he was cold and came in!).


Brayden entertained himself for over an hour filling up his bucket with sea water and then dumping it on our pile of sand! I think I need to bring that bucket out in our backyard and see if he will entertain himself like that at home :o)


And of course what is a trip to So. Cal without going to Disneyland? Matthew actually did ok with the characters this time. He actually gave Buzz a hug. Brayden on the other hand was a bit more hesitant.

I think the Buzz Lightyear ride is becoming our favorite ride!



And this is my favorite picture of the whole trip! I was trying to teach Brayden that when you go on rollercoasters you have to raise your hands up and scream. At first he looked at me like I was crazy but then he got the hang of it and he wouldn't stop! It was too funny!


We also went up to the Regan Presidential Library. Which was really cool! We both love history so it was fun to read about things that were going on when I was little and wasn't really paying attention. Next time I think we will go without the kids, they weren't really into reading!
The boys did think the Air Force One plane and the helicopter were pretty cool. Matthew spent the whole time trying to figure out how they got that plane inside the building!
Matthew took this picture. He is becoming our little photographer!

4 comments:

Cyd said...

Yay for being so close to So California! We were down in Oceanside and went to Legoland that same weekend. We'll have to try going to the Reagan place some day as I have very distinct memories of that era (being that I'm a little older than you :))

megan said...

Fun trip!! I'm so sorry that we couldn't meet up! Please, please, next time lets get together!!

Ashby Family said...

So fun and yes so. cal being so close is wonderful! My cousins live in Hunington Beach. When I was kid we used to go up and visit them once or twice a month while my parents went to the LA temple (yeah for the San Diego temple now for them!) Love the beach and Matthew all burried. We are on our way on Saturday. Lots of sun, sand and parks for us too : )

Carrie Jo said...

What a fun weekend! Maybe I should have been with you instead of Boise, but boating was pretty sweet...maybe next time! Love you guys! Can't wait to be with you in July!