Monday, May 3, 2010

Camping

Well, here we go on our camping adventures! Matthew has been asking forever to go camping. He gets so sad when his dad leaves without him each month to go camping with the scouts. So after much debate and a husband who ended up getting home rather late on Friday afternoon, we ended up at Lake Mead only 20 minutes from our house (it was close we almost ended up in our backyard...seriously!)

The boys had a great time. I think my favorite moment was Saturday morning Matthew had a cup of hot chocolate and he went and sat down in our camping chair with a foot stool. He got all cozy and said to himself, "I love camping!" At this point I think that it was about 6am (Brayden woke us all up at 5ish) and we had been there less than 12 hours. I guess it doesn't take much to please a 5 year-old.


It was a quick trip since we were awoken at 5 am. We had breakfast, cleaned up, took a drive, went on a little hike all before 9:30am. So we decided that we needed to get some things done at home we so we took off a little after 9:30!





This is Matthew at 10 am! I guess camping just really wears you out!
It was a quick trip just over 12 hours of camping but the boys had a great time and are asking when we get to go again! Next time I think we will plan to stay a couple of nights at least and get Brayden a warmer sleeping bag so he will sleep in past 5am!

3 comments:

Cyd said...

My kids love camping as well! We have yet to get out but maybe we'll have to be spontaneous and go this weekend.

Natalie said...

it is the best...Jason has been begging to go too. Just might have to break out the air mattress for miss prego and give it a go. Good for you guys!

Ashby Family said...

how fun! My girls beg to go camping all the time but I think we camp way more in our living room that for real.