Monday, September 8, 2008

Breaking Dawn



I wasn't going to post about this but what the heck. Yup, I finished it in about 24 hours (Nate was outta town and well you saw how the boys kept themselves busy). I have to admit about 1/2 way through I was a little weirded out. But in the end I liked it. I like how everything turned out. But I am wondering if Mrs. Meyer left herself some room to write a 5 book. I know she says that this is the last one but with the no big fight at the end and the bad guys just packing up and leaving sure made me wonder. Anyway, it was good and I did enjoy the story. I hope that the movie is good. I know my husband won't go see it with me (and that is ok I don't know if I can handle all of his comments..ie "Like an guy would act like that") sooo anyone up to a girls night out in Nov?

6 comments:

Amy said...

I'm up for a girls night in Nov... but I'll be in South Korea. Come visit and we'll find something to do!

Glad all is well!

Ashby Family said...

Ok if the movie is coming I better get on with reading them. ; ) Do you own the books? If so can I borrow the first one? If I get the books read I'm in: )

Tara said...

I'm glad to hear you liked it. Honestly I was disappointed in the last book and most everyone I've talked to about it has felt the same. It kinda felt like she tried to hard to write it really fast and didn't put as much thought into it, while it was entertaining I don't feel she did as good of a job as she did on the previous 3. Oh well such is life. I'll still go see the movie and retain my happy memories of reading the first 3 books...if you want to come to Oakland I'm totally up for a girls night in NOv.

Lesley said...

Nancy, I have all 4 sitting on my shelf, you are welcome to them!
Tara, buy me a ticket and I am there! :)

&D designs said...

I'm reading elipse right now - I;m behind - we are planning on going to see the movie when it comes out - if your in town, call us Gooch gals and come with!

Ashby Family said...

Thanks Lesley! I have the feeling that I'm about to become a slightly neglectful Mommy but will have a good read ; )